[jetty-dev] Servlet Initialization in Jetty 9.0.2

Hi,

Were there any changes in the initialization of servlets in Jetty 9.0.2? Since upgrading to Jetty 9 the servlets we register programatically at runtime do not get initialized anymore.

We have our own code in place which starts the ServletHolder before registering it if the handler is already started. However, when a handler is not started yet, we rely on Jetty to start the ServletHolder.

Is that assumption still valid? It seemed to have worked that way in Jetty 9. The upgrade to Jetty 9.0.2 seems to have introduced the change in behavior.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Gunnar

--