Re: [jetty-dev] Feedback on proposed start.jar and start.ini changes.

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:32:32 +1000, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> The same directory with .disabled suffix is interesting, but different to
> what is done with apache and init.d etc

As Joakim said, this varies a lot between distributions; it is certainly
not the case on my system (which is very close to upstream).
Also, in the case of init.d service files, you are not supposed to fiddle
with the files/symlinks manually: the best (and often only) way is to use
a tool to manipulate service start levels etc. So either Jetty provides
such a tool or adheres to KISS. :)

Holger

Back to the top