[jetty-dev] jetty 8 Continuation.getAttribute(name) is related to connection, not with the continuation!

After few hours of debugging i found a strange behaviour in jetty,
setting a continuation attribute in a specific continuation which
originates from the same connection sets them all. I agree i shoudn't
store multiple "dead" continuation nonetheless this is NOT by any
means the excepted behaviour.

org.eclipse.jetty.continuation.Continuation.getAttribute(java.lang.String)
seems to be bugged:
  return _connection.getRequest().getAttribute(name);
may seems to work, but what if i store the continuation away and ask
for its object later on? it won't return the excepted object if i used
another continuation in the same connection because all "old"
continuations referes to the most recent connection request.

Let me know if you file this misbehaviour as a bug or not.

Davide Baldo

Back to the top