[jetty-dev] +iplog in bugzilla

Quick reminder for everyone that the +iplog flag in bugzilla has only 2 meanings

1 - applied to the bug itself means that there is IP worthy comments in the bug itself, for example someone pastes the patch to be applied as a comment, or say something OVER the top critical to implementation....so in other words the +iplog flag should never we applied to a bug itself...and the ones we have in our IPlog now should be fixed eventually.

2 - applied to a attachment means that some source attachment is large enough and complex enough (250 lines or more typically) that it is worthy of being included into the IPlog of the project.  These are fairly few and far between and do not need to be applied for trivial things.  New classes and the like are appropriate, for example the RoundRobinLoadBalancer that we got a while back...that was a new functionality that was meant to be included in the IPLog.

CQ's are a totally different beast and nothing in the bugs need to be flags for IP purposes there, they are handled completely through IPzilla and no +iplog flags needed on those.

You can always find the latest snapshot of the IP log here:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=rt.jetty

I also encourage everyone to look through it to see if anything in bugzilla has been flagged yet doesn't meet the litmus test above.

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell