Re: [jetty-dev] SDPY client gets overwhelmed when subscribing to high volume incoming messages

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Abhinav Rajan <abhinav.rajan0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> We are implementing a real time data stream processing platform. So for the
> sake of this discussion please assume the "Publisher" to be a source of
> real-time data input. This is the reason I am sending data at the rate of
> 10^5 microseconds is to test that our stream processing platform is able to
> scale up to high volumes of input(s) .
>
> Likewise the subscriber here can be thought of as our stream processing
> platform receiving the data streams from several inputs.
>
> Hope this clarifies.

Not really, but I recommend you to look at why your subscriber fails.
Most likely it's not Jetty's fault, nor SPDY.
You probably saturate the network before, or saturate CPU, or a number
of other issues if you insist sending messages every microsecond,
provided you actually can do that (unlikely).
In a word, your test is flawed.

--
Simone Bordet
----