Re: [jetty-dev] NextProtoNego and OSGi

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht
<gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So our own TLS implementation is done using a custom
> SSLSocketFacktory/SSLServerSocketFactory. It creates the sockets/channels
> that you use and provide you with the necessary details and the decrypted
> bytes. No low-level dealing with the SSLEngine is necessary at all for
> proper NIO.

Sorry, not following, can you expand ?
Did you rewrite the SSL implementation on your own ?
Otherwise I don't see how you can plug in NPN.
How do you implement non-blocking writes if you use sockets and streams ?

> The benefits of this stack is that it allows us to speak to the German
> passport which requires some extensions/features that aren't available in
> the JRE implementation. Additionally, the implementation is very light
> compared to the JRE implementation in terms of object creation, etc. Thus,
> it also runs nicely on Android. We also have NPN.

So you have rewritten the SSL parsing/generation and all that ?
If so, what guarantee do you have that it is secure and does not
contain security exploits ?

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet