[jetty-dev] ClasspathPattern.match

Hi,

Should ClasspathPattern.match really be using regular expressions to tweak the name parameter before matching?

On one of my apps, this method is called 23204 times at startup.

I haven't done any profiling, but I'm assuming on large classpaths, this must be an issue. (My assumption being that regexps are somewhat expensive)

The methods using regexps (String.replaceFirst, String.replaceAll) both seem to be easily replaceable with a combination of String.contains and String.substring.

wdyt?

Eirik.

Back to the top