[jetty-dev] I can not get a WebSocket client using Jetty 8.1.7 to connect to a Tomcat server

Hi all,

I am using Tomcat version 7.0.30 and the WebSocket implementation there
for the server part of an application. I can get clients using JavaScript
or the WebSocket implementation in .NET 4.5 to connect nicely to this server.

However when I try to create the simple example WebSocketClient provided
in the API docs for Jetty 8.1.7 it does not work.

http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/8.1.7.v20120910/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/WebSocketClient.html

I get a call to the onOpen method on the server but never a call to onOpen
on the client and it then times out. It seems to me that it is something in
the initial handshake that is not working in the same way as for the clients
for JavaScript and .NET 4.5.

Does anybody have an idea what the cause of this might be? Does the WebSocket
client in Jetty 8.1.7 not fully implement RFC6455 or is this something that
needs to be explicitly enabled?

Can someone point to a good location for examples of using the WebSocket client
implementation in Jetty 8.1.7?

Best regards,

Tomas Normark

Back to the top