[jetty-dev] Jetty-9 and aggregates

I want to eliminate the building of jetty-aggregate jars in jetty-9.

Here's my proposal.

Leave jetty-aggregates modules in the build.
Change all jetty-aggregate modules to be <packaging>pom</packaging>

This satisfies those users that want to continue to use maven and the aggregate dependencies.

Now to support the non-maven folks, who would download the aggregates and use them.

We create in the jetty-distribution a contrib/build-aggregates.xml (ant build script) that creates all of the various aggregate flavors for them, from the contents of the distribution lib directory.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
www.webtide.com

Back to the top