Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty Newbie ( Urgent )

> -- What should i do ? Embed Jetty or use Normal webapp ?

either will work

> I want to write a simple REST webservice. But i want it to support as much
> traffic simultaneous traffic as possible. So i imagine several hundred
> requests per second and each request being served by a new thread. ( I am
> coming from PHP background ).

jetty has easily served many 10's of thousands of requests per second
with sub second latency

 Is it possible in Embedded Jetty approach ? If
> yes, can i tune how many threads will serve my traffic ?

both are possible with either approach, a traditional webapp or
embedded jetty.  the key is in using either jetty-continuations or the
async servlets provided in servlet-api 3.0 in order to scale

there is little need for you to tune jetty at this point in your
experience...get your app working and react as needed for performance
improvements.  most of our clients don't have to tweak the default
settings at all

cheers,

jesse

Back to the top