Re: [jetty-dev] setStatus() vs. sendError(), custom error feedback

> But it should be able to be made work by making sure you set the
> status before you call getOutputStream or getWriter.  The ISE
> indicates that one of these methods has been called before the
> setStatus, so the filter has decided that it will compress, but then
> the setStatus contradicts that.

Thanks for the details. True, we are requesting the output stream
reference first in order to attach it to our query processor (which
then throws an error, as the query cannot be evaluated). As this can
hardly be changed in our architecture, as we'd have to extend our
APIs, we'll probably keep gzip compression deactivated for now.

If you think this could be fixed, though.. Even better!
Christian