[jetty-dev] SPDY window size update, a bug?

Hello,

I have been playing around with Jetty's shiny new SPDY support and ran
into a problem where my SPDY sessions were timing out, apparently
because a PING response wasn't being sent to the client (Chrome 17).

I tracked this down to StandardSession, where a flush call was being
skipped with two items in the queue, a DataFrame and the PingFrame
response. The flush was skipped because DataFrameBytes.getByteBuffer()
was returning null, which in turn was caused by the Stream window size
being <= 0.

When the complete() method of DataFrameBytes is called it calls
Stream.updateWindowSize(-length):

https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-8/jetty-spdy/spdy-core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/spdy/StandardSession.java#L1037

Is that correct? I don't follow the logic for updating the window size
that way, but I am very new to both SPDY and the Jetty code base.
Removing the window size update does fix the client PING timeouts.

Thanks!
Will

Back to the top