Re: [jetty-dev] measuring data volume handled by jetty

Michele,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 17:05, Michele Rossi <michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> I am trying to come up with a way to measure how much data is going through
> my jetty server.
> I am thinking to produce a Kb/sec or Mb/sec figure.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers to help me with this?
> I assume the best place to start from are Connectors as they handle all
> requests and responses before they are passed to handlers lower in the
> chain.
>
> TomCat used to come with a plugin that would produce similar figures and it
> was compatible with tools like JMeter.
>
> Is there anything equivalent for Jetty?

Jetty has a statistics handler that can be plugged in via
configuration (jetty-stats.xml), and looked up via JMX.
One JMX attribute is "responsesBytesTotal" which gives you the bytes
responded by Jetty (in the body only, not headers).
You divide that by "statsOnMs" and you get the bytes/ms figure.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org
http://intalio.com