Re: [jetty-dev] WebSocket + Async Read/Write

WebSocket read/write on the server side is done within the context of the jetty IO framework, and is async if you use the NIO http connectors on jetty.
It is a bit influenced, however, by how proper the websocket framing is from the client, a bad/incomplete frame has in some edge cases (websocket extensions) can cause limited blocking (but those bugs are being squashed as we discover them)

--
Joakim Erdfelt

(the people behind jetty and cometd)