From: Dmitry Ogievich [mailto:ogievichdv@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:31 PM
To: 'Jetty @ Eclipse developer discussion list'
Subject: RE: [jetty-dev] Issue with Jetty 7 upgrade because Equinox SDK 3.7.1 includes old Jetty libs - version 6.1.23

Thanks for the answer and provided options, Hugues!

The 3d choice sounds promising to me. I already looked at the sources inside ‘org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.source’ jar and it looks like the changes should be made in HttpServerManager.java (I just need to start using ServletContextHandler instead of Context class as it no longer exists starting Jetty 7; also replace imports pointed to ‘org.mortbay.jetty.*’ with ‘org.eclipse.jetty.server.*’), also do corresponding replacement of the ‘org.mortbay.’ packages in Manifest.MF.

Could you please confirm the above?

Could you please give me the directions how should I perform that changes to follow the license rules?

I suppose I should create new plugin with the name ‘org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty’ based on the sources provided within ‘org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.source’ jar, do the above mentioned changes, generate jar from the created bundle and start using it instead of  the jar supplied with Equinox 3.7.1 SDK. Or there is another way to apply the changes?

--Regards

Dmitry