[jetty-dev] Jetty 8 does not read .tld files inside webapp library jar files

Hello,

I experience the following problem with Jetty 8 (I tried versions 8.0.1 to the latest one which is 8.0.3).

I have a very simple JSF 1.2 application which basically consists of a single primitive JSP page:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<f:view>
<h:outputText value="#{testBean.test}" />
</f:view>

When I open the page I got the following error:

/test.jsp(1,58) PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsf/html cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

The application works OK on Jetty 7.0.2 (haven't tested on other older versions). A required .TLD is inside jsf-impl.jar that is in WEB-INF/lib. Log shows that JSF itself (i.e. classes from this JAR) is loaded.

Now the most interesting part: if I copy jsf-impl.jar to $JETTY_HOME/lib/ext the error disappears.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I would understand if Jetty could not parse the .TLD file or did not load jars from WEB-INF/lib, but not parsing .TLD files in webapp libraries but doing so for shared libraries is very strange.

Back to the top