Re: [jetty-dev] jetty client socket fd leak issue

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 19:43, Junwei Sun <sun_junwei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Even if I have code "hc.setConnectBlocking(false)" there or not,
> jetty client socket fd always leaks for the following URL.
> After "ce.waitForDone()", there will left 3 socket fds.
> The issue exists in both Jetty-7.5 and Jetty-8.0.
>
> Anyone have ideas? how to fix or work around?

I do not think this is a problem.
HttpClient opens and caches connections so even with no requests
outstanding, there will probably be connections opened by previous
requests.
This is done for performances reason.

Idle connections are eventually closed, and the timeout is configurable.

Simon
--
http://bordet.blogspot.com
---