Re: [jetty-dev] maven jetty 8 slow startup

Jan Bartel, il 09/09/2011 12:08, ha scritto:
Hi Federico,

Ah. That's because we supported the ability to force scanning to happen by the
WebAppContext.setConfigurationDiscovered(boolean) method - its actually set to
"true" by default. It's true by default because its a reasonable default with
servlet 3.0 (which has a lot of support for annotations etc). However, it DOES
lead to some unexpected results like you experienced.

I shall have to have a think about the best way to take the surprise out.

thanks
Jan

thanks Jan

as you know from http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1378 our point in upgrading to jetty 8 while not using any new feature is related to this bug with recursive custom tags