Re: [jetty-dev] NullPointerException in SslSocketConnector

Thanks! I’ll try.

Do you know of any specific bug that was fixed in this area?

Guy

From: jetty-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joakim Erdfelt
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:22 PM
To: Jetty @ Eclipse developer discussion list
Subject: Re: [jetty-dev] NullPointerException in SslSocketConnector

Lots of fixes in the 7.4.x line of code.

We had many unfortunate bugs in 7.4.0 and 7.4.1.

Please try the latest version 7.4.5.v20110725

- Joakim

2011/8/11 Guy Korland <Guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We got a NullPointerException when we use an SslSocketConnector

This worked in Jetty 7.1.4, but not in Jetty 7.4.0.
We have narrowed it down to the SslSocketConnector and specifically the newServerSocket method.
In Jetty 7.1.4, it is checked if _context == null and if it is, a new SSLContext is created.
In Jetty 7.4.0 this check is not there anymore so the SSLContext is not created and thus an NPE is thrown because of this.

Thanks,
Guy