Re: [jetty-dev] jetty 7.5/8.0 release coordination

Talking to Sharon I think we'll have the mongodb and the new 5417 jsp
cq by next week.  That should put us on track for being able to ask
for IPLog for 7.5 and 8.0 end of next week and getting the release
docuware in early the following week.  Couple weeks out for review
scheduling and we are in good shape at this point.

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 15:45, Jesse McConnell
<jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We just got CQ 5329 (the jsp one!) approved which was the last major
> stumbling block (that we know of) for jetty8.  We have a handful of
> other CQ's that are pending for jetty7 but we can pretty easily
> release without them.
>
> I committed the jetty-nosql bits into master which is where 7.5.0 is
> coming from which I will pull out shortly unless a bit of horse
> trading with the IP folks works out.
>
> So my goal is to have jetty 7.5 and 8.0 in an IP stable state this
> week so I can request an updated IPLog from EMO.  Once we have that
> granted I'll get out release docuware for both jetty 7.5 and jetty 8.0
> which should take us out a couple of weeks scheduling wise.
>
> Based on what I am seeing here...I think we'll be clear to release
> both jetty 7.5 and 8.0 by the first of September so lets shoot for
> that.  We can push out milestones and RC of both in the meantime.
>
> So...as of right now please don't commit anything that is potentially
> problematic IP wise for jetty7.5 or 8 without letting me know.  If you
> feel the need to screw up the iplog long please do it on a branch for
> the time being.
>
> cheers,
> jesse
>
> --