[jetty-dev] Maven Archetype for Embedded Jetty

Are there any Maven archetypes being distributed for creating a web application with an embedded instance of Jetty? I've seen the archetypes here: http://www.webtide.com/resources/maven.jsp, but I'm thinking of something that launches from a traditional main method or simple launcher shell script rather than the maven plugin. I think this gives a little more control over the launch environment and allows an application to easily be launched by a developer in the same way it is in production (Assuming one doesn't feel right about using Maven as a launch wrapper in production).

I put together the archetype that is referenced in this tutorial:
https://gist.github.com/1054400

Could this, or something like it, be beneficial to offer as an example of a different way to build applications and a way to showcase how easily embeddable Jetty is?

Back to the top