[jetty-dev] Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?

Hi

I'm Mohsen, a PhD student working with Prof. Ralph Johnson at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Ralph is a co-author of the seminal book on
design patterns (GoF) and his research group has a history of important contributions
to IDE's.

Our team [1] is studying how developers interact with the Eclipse IDE for evolving
and maintaining their code. We are extending this invitation to Java developers and
would greatly appreciate and value your participation and help in our research study.

To participate you should be at least 18 years old and use Eclipse Helios for Java
development. As a participant, we ask that you complete a short survey and install
our Eclipse plug-in called CodingSpectator [2].

CodingSpectator monitors programming interactions non-intrusively in the background
and periodically uploads it to a secure server at UIUC. To get a representative
perspective of how you interact with Eclipse, we would appreciate if you could install
CodingSpectator for two months. Rest assured that we are taking the utmost
measures to protect your privacy and confidentiality.

If you are interested, you may sign up at
<http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/ConsentForm>, which contains our consent
form with all the details and procedures of our research study.

Your participation will help us greatly as we try to better understand how developers
interact with their IDE's so we can propose improvements which fit better with their
mindsets.

Thanks in advance for your time! Please do not hesitate to contact me
(mvakili2@xxxxxxxxxxxx) if you have any questions or comments. More information can
also be found at our FAQ [3]. Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might
be interested in participating in this study.

--
Mohsen Vakilian
& the CodingSpectator team

[1] http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/People