Re: [jetty-dev] Heads Up: updated plugins

oh, and anyone that is doing releases from eclipse, this is Greg and
Joakim that I know of.

this version of the release plugin gets a little confused when using
-Dusername=<name> on release:prepare

to resolve this edit your .ssh/config file and add

Host dev.eclipse.org
User jmcconnell (only yours)

Make sure you have an empty line at the end of this after the User line

Now when releasing the eclipse code you don't have to put -Dusername
on the cli anymore.  I would recommend doing that as opposed to
messing up a release down the road and getting confused on what
happened.

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 15:47, Jesse McConnell
<jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have updated many of the maven plugin versions that we use for jetty
> @ eclipse and codehaus.  Within the next couple of hours the new
> parent pom's should sync over to maven central so updated checkouts of
> trunk on both those setups will start to work again.
>
> There is one lingering change that hugues offered to take up and that
> was the changes brought on by the update from the maven-bundle-plugin
> 2.0.0 -> 2.3.4 so you'll notice that the test-jetty-osgi module is
> currently commented out.
>
> I have done a fair amount of testing and run a mock release of the
> eclipse side and it checks out.  Thankfully the javadoc plugin has
> been fixed so the release process now is much more reasonable as it
> isn't constantly trying to regenerate all the javadoc over and over.
>
> Other changes are with most usages of the assembly plugin, the
> descriptor configuration shifted to descriptorRef entries that
> reference the config <id> in the jetty-assembly-descriptors project.
> I fixed all instances of these so this is just a heads up that you
> notice that and don't blindly try the old mechanism, just take a peek
> at other usages and you should be fine.
>
> if you run into any issues with these build changes please let me
> know, I don't anticipate any but...you know how it goes.
>
> cheers,
> jesse
>
> --
> jesse mcconnell