Re: [jetty-dev] A few changes to the build to complete the nightly builds for jetty and its p2 repositories

I got a green light on the chat from Jesse to improve the nightly
builds of jetty's p2 repositories.
So:
1- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-nightly
        runs at "10 4 * * *" on Fastlane
        installs the jetty jars on the local maven repository
2- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-rt/
        runs at "10 6 * * *" on Fastlane
        deploys the jetty-bundles here:
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-7.x/development
3- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-eclipse-nightly
        runs at "10 7 * * *" on build2
        deploys the jetty-features and eclipse products here:
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-rt-3.7-N-builds

4- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/rtp-packages/
EclipseRTP nightly builds at "10 8 * * *" and consumes #3.

An index.html page sums up the various p2 repositories:
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/

Cheers,
Hugues.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Hugues Malphettes
<hmalphettes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am trying to complete the series of nightly build so that we can
> pick up a fresh p2-repository with EclipseRTWeb everyday.
> At the moment, we have:
> 1- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-nightly
> that installs the jetty jars on the build machine's local maven
> repository.
> 2- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-rt/ that
> picks up the jetty jars from a maven repository and publishes the
> jetty osgi bundles in a p2 repository.
> 3- https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Jetty-RT/job/jetty-eclipse-nightly
> that generates the jetty-osgi products.
>
> Here are the details that are breaking this chain:
> #1 is configured to use the 'build2' node.
> #2 is configured to build on Fastlane to be able to move the generated
> p2 repo on the download.eclipse.org/jetty folder.
> -> So we need to force #1 to run on Fastlane otherwise #2 cannot find
> the jetty jars installed on the local maven repository.
> -> #2 should have multiple profiles to be able to pick up a release
> version of jetty or a snasphot version.
> #3 is also configured to run on 'build2' and there is no deployment of
> the generated p2 repositories somewhere on download.eclipse.org.
>
> Let me know if I am missing something,
> Otherwise I'll proceed with those changes.
>
> Thanks,
> Hugues

Back to the top