Re: [jetty-dev] Using jetty embedded to create a multiprocess web application server

Yes, we could do that but... I read somewhere that mod_proxy can affect performance when using asynchronous IO.
Is it something to worry about?
Is there another alternative?

Anyway, with this solution we would be better off building a deployer process that will run or restart a jetty process per .war found on a deploy directory, if we want to make it as comfortable as JBoss was before this.

Also this program would be better smart enough to create the apache config files required to map each application to the right jetty process/port. That will make it fully automatic and integrated with apache.

I guess there is nothing similar to this allready coded, or is it?

Thanks for your reply!

Jose

2011/4/13 Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Am 13.04.2011 16:43, schrieb Jose Luis Vazquez:
> Are there the building blocks we need?

If you really need to have your "master" process being Jetty than you
need to implement something like mod_proxy in Jetty as a servlet which
delegates to the other processes.

Otherwise, I would put an Apache with mod_proxy in front of the Jetty
processes. Each Jetty process runs on its own port. The mod_proxy in the
Apache can be configured to individual context paths as well as
sub-domains or complete different domains. It then proxies the request
to a Jetty instance.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht