[jetty-dev] How do I change the default logging in an embedded Jetty 7 Server?

Following the directions from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty, I have successfully embedded the Jetty server in my application. I implemented a simple handler that provides a wonderful RESTful web service for integrating with the rest of the enterprise.  My problem is that the server is writing its log to STDERR.

In my configuration, there is nothing from the Jetty distribution other than an aggregated jar file from the Maven repository (http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.jetty.aggregate). There are no contexts, no WAR files, no XML files to configure jetty, and start is not used.

At the very least, I would like to tell the server to write the log to a file where I provide the file specification.  At the very best, I would like to tell the server to call my application's log facility.  I need a clue.

Back to the top