Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 8 and Geronimo

Jesse McConnell wrote:
> Greg will likely have a more complete response I'll toss out that we
> ought to have beta's of jetty8 in the next couple of weeks and the
> actual release will coincide with the final release of the spec,
> whenever that may be :)

The spec release is final.

Jetty-8 builds and runs and is alpha quality.  I understand that
David Jencks has already done a bit of integration with geronimo.

Currently we're not seeing any huge demand for servlet-3.0, so
we've not allocated that many resources to it, but we are making
steady progress on implementing all the configuration idiosyncrasies,
although I think geronimo will probably do it's own web.xml fragment
and annotation processing, so you should not be held up by that.

I think the biggest feature that we've not yet implemented is
the multipart mime support.  However, we do have code for that
already, so it's just a matter of API changes really.

So in short, I don't think there is anything stopping you
starting to integrate and test jetty-8.      We know we have
a little more work to do on features, but wont have a good
idea on stability until we get some actual users of it.

However, as most of the refactoring work needed has actually
gone into Jetty-7, it is already getting exposure to
production environments.

cheers