Re: [jetty-dev] Deployment manager states

Jesse,

I agree.

In some ways, deploy, verifier and centralized logging are all about
bundling of jetty in various ways - so they almost kind of live better
at codehaus anyway.

Having said that, the existing deployers are definitely part of core
and we do need to replace them eventually with a cleaner, meaner, leaner
implementations.

So I can see the deplay manager going over sooner.... but potentially
into the existing jetty-deploy package.

cheers

Jesse McConnell wrote:
> All this being said...I wanted to take a quick step back and start the
> review of the artifacts going into 7.0.1 as this has direct bearing on
> that...
>
> there are a couple of things in jetty trunk that are currently
> deploying snapshot wise into jetty @ eclipse maven central artifact
> space and that bears review with this.
>
> namely the jetty-webapp-verifier and the jetty-centalized-logging bits
> and pieces..
>
> So, with the idea in mind that jetty @ eclipse is supposed to be best
> of breed components and represent the _core_ of jetty I am thinking
> that maybe we want to change this a bit.
>
> I propose that maybe the above artifacts and this jetty-deployer work
> all go back to codehaus trunk for stewing and to gain some community
> traction.  Then if and when these artifacts gain a larger backing and
> usage and we want to accept them into honest to god jetty core, we go
> ahead and move them over (following whatever processes we need).
>
> This represents a bit of backpedaling on my part (ok maybe a lot) as I
> have been an advocate of just getting new development going on at
> eclipse, but at least for now I am thinking that we ought to let
> things stew at codehaus longer...and also focus on making sure that
> eclipse side is a trim lean mean fighting machine, both code and
> process wise within eclipse.
>
> thoughts?

Back to the top