Re: [jetty-dev] Project proposal: jetty-on-OSGi - support for RFC-66

Jeff McAffer wrote:
> Thanks.  Makes sense.  Not sure if that was captured in the project
> proposal.  I may have read it too fast but it appeared as though all of
> this is being contributed to Eclipse.

Well the intention is that eventually as much as possible of this
should be at eclipse.

> As for the integration of the JSP fragment, while it does use the JSP
> support that is undergoing IP review, that could be seen as a "works
> with" requirement.  That is, the fragment is there just to integrate
> support for some function that is not (as yet) at Eclipse.  This happens
> all the time where we have an eclipse adapter of some sort to call other
> code we don't ship.  So you could consider putting the fragment etc at
> Eclipse and getting a works with clearance for the reference to the JSP
> support.  When the JSP support gets cleared, then we're all happy.

I think that it is best to model the JSP handling on how we are
currently doing the rest of Jetty.     We already have the split
for JSP to codehaus, so I think it is simpler to model that
exactly rather than try for another solution.

Once JSP is cleared, we can move all the JSP stuff from codehaus
to eclipse.

Note that we will still have extra stuff in modules/fragments
at codehaus, as we have other 3rd party integrations that
we don't plan on putting through IP clearance.

cheers

Back to the top