[jetty-dev] jetty toolchain examples setup

http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jetty-stage-001/

I have staged a release of the examples that joakim put together for
the webapp-verifier at the above location...

This would add new artifacts to the repository and I think that under
these circumstances we ought to have a discussion on it since its a
lasting decision and ultimately can pollute the artifact space if we
don't do it wisely.

These artifacts are under the jetty-toolchain, which means they end up
in the repository under org/eclipse/jetty/toolchain and these specific
artifacts nest under the examples directory as well.  There is a
examples-parent and it follows the 1.x release plan as any artifact
under the jetty-toolchain should be a separate release cycle.  These
artifacts are currently used exclusively by the jetty-webapp-verifier
but ultimately these could easily be used by other parts of jetty test
cases for testing webapp related features.  The vision here would be
that sometime you need little webapp for X and instead of rolling a
new one in whatever project your working in we can have some reusable
test based webapps here.  Note this is not to say the
test-jetty-webapp ought to go here, I don't think anything that is
being released on the mainline jetty7 cycle as that particular
artifact is seen by end users...the toolchain is for things that are
useful in building and testing jetty that do _not_ need to be released
in lockstep with jetty proper.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had feedback on the structure I put
there before promoting it.

Note: with this setup we can either release all of the examples when
we need to, or we can them individually from this point on by adding a
maven-release-plugins tagBase to the individual projects.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx