Re: [jetty-dev] Updates on /jetty-start-enhancement/ branch ..

in general vernacular, an option is "--list-modes", "--stop", or "--dry-run".
The changes made, while honest to the history of jetty, I feel
overload the meaning of "option" too much.

Now you have command line options, system options, classpath options,
and options for OPTIONS.
Yet, the new name for option still only refers to classpath options,
and not configuration options.

Also, the change made to start.config ...

 # add a property defined library directory
-${lib}/**                                        exists ${jetty.lib}
+${lib}/**                                        exists ${lib}

will break backward compatibility. as the system property ${jetty.lib}
used in the past now becomes ${lib}.

---
Joakim Erdfelt