Re: [jetty-dev] maintenance mode and jetty6

Jesse McConnell wrote:
> We have been talking about having jetty6 in maintenance mode for a
> long time...and the jetty-6.1.XX numbers are creeping into the 20's
> now so what do folks think about having a 6.2 release that represents
> the solid point in time for maintenance releases from here on out...
>
> I know we have effectively been there for a while now but I thought it
> might be a nice final hurrah for it..

I almost went to 6.2.0-SNAPSHOT after the last release.....

however, it does feel a little strange to increment the number to
say that we are not changing anything.

If we were at 9 about to go to 10, then I'd certainly say yes lets
do 6.2.     But we are at 19, so 20, 21, 22 are not that bad.

So I'm inclined to leave it.   The big numbers say that it has
been stable for a long time with no significant API changes.

cheers

Back to the top