Re: [jetty-dev] IP Status of jetty @ eclipse

I talked to Barb this morning about this....the normal lag time for
reviews like this is upwards to months I guess but since this was part
of the original jetty import and we pulled it from there waiting for
the creation of the tagged release for jaspi I think we are going to
be able to get it on the fast track for resolution sooner rather then
later..

this is something to be aware of moving forward, it will be very hard
to get quick turn around on things like this in the future

updated dependencies are quicker overall as they have reviewed the
codebase once already whereas entirely new submissions like this take
longer and they have a huge log of submissions to review and approve.

cheers,

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 15:03, Jesse McConnell<jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> CD3385
>
> once this gets through I'll get the updated frozen IP log and then it
> is up to you and greg to hash out details on getting into the initial
> release
>
> jesse
>
> --
> jesse mcconnell
> jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 20:10, David Jencks<david_jencks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just started a vote on the geronimo-jaspic_1.0_spec over at geronimo.
>>  With all the new tooling and checking maybe I won't have made any mistakes
>> :-)
>>
>> Note that the aritifactId changed slightly -- I'll update jetty when the
>> vote passes.
>>
>> Tag is at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-jaspic_1.0_spec-1.0
>>
>> staging site
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/geronimo-staging-009/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jaspic_1.0_spec/1.0/
>>
>> and just in case you are nuts enough to want to look at the maven generated
>> site it's staged
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-site/maven/specs/geronimo-jaspic_1.0_spec/1.0/
>>
>> Hopefully this is enough to get the IP review going.
>>
>> many thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>> On May 29, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I just got word from Barb that we are cleared, everything in place
>>> that needed to be reviewed has been reviewed now for jetty to leave
>>> incubation.
>>>
>>> That is to say everything that is _required_ to be reviewed has been,
>>> but David Jencks pinged me the other day about the jaspi bits and if
>>> we can get them into the initial drop of jetty as geronimo needs us to
>>> release with it (which is amusing since we need geronimo to release
>>> their jaspi as well).
>>>
>>> Anyway, djencks is going to try and get us a cut of that api in a
>>> released repo and the follow steps need to happen for us to finally
>>> graduate and release 7.0.0.WHATEVER
>>>
>>> 1) get frozen IP log from Barb (request submitted, awaiting now)
>>> 2) edit Release Review Docuware in jetty admin svn to reflect frozen
>>> IP log location
>>> 3) submit release review to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> 4) release review is scheduled ~2 weeks away
>>>
>>> for the JASPI to make it in time:
>>>
>>> 1) get released tag of jaspi-api
>>> 2) open a CQ in ipzilla for the jaspi-api dependency (attaching zip or
>>> linking to zip of source in mvn repo)
>>> 3) open a CQ in ipzilla for the jetty-jaspi module (attaching zip as
>>> well, current svn is fine)
>>> 4) wait for these to past muster
>>> 5) update ip log and generate a new frozen IP log
>>>
>>> Lastly, starting now we can get the graduation review docuware in
>>> place and get that scheduled:
>>> 1) create graduation review docuware
>>> 2) notify mentors (which has been done)
>>> 3) submit graduation review to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx