[jetty-dev] jetty @ codehaus build changes

I've been working on getting the the jetty-codehaus modules into shape.
This email is to let everyone know what I've been doing and solict a review.

The build structure that I've put in place resembles the setup of jetty@eclipse.
There is one pom that holds the administrative, relatively static information
such as license, developers, repositories, pluginManagement etc. This is the
new jetty-integration-parent at https://svn.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty-integration-parent.
A 1.0-SNAPSHOT of this has been deployed to http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jetty-snapshots.

Then, the pom.xml at the top level of codehaus trunk is the jetty-integration-project.
This inherits from jetty-integration-parent. It lists the various modules that should be
built, and also provides the version number of jetty@eclipse to which all codehaus modules
will relate. All modules (will) have this jetty-integration-project as their parent.

This approach was taken to reflect the relationship between jetty@eclipse and jetty@codehaus
in the build process. They are really 2 separate "subprojects" of the Jetty project, with
differences with respect to licensing, svn repos, and potentially even developers. For
example, jetty@eclipse is dual licensed, whereas jetty@codehaus continues to be only Apache 2 licensed. It seemed more logical to materialize these differences as 2 different parent poms,
rather than have jetty@codehaus inherit from the jetty@eclipse parent, and then override
everything that was different.

The intention is that every codehaus module can release in lock step or an individual module can also be released individually by simply supplying its own version number in its pom.

I've adjusted many of the codehaus modules to use this new structure. Note that only a few
of the modules are currently being built, as many modules still require further updating for
the new jetty@eclipse package names and api.

I haven't pushed a snapshot yet of this new structure, as I'd be glad of a sanity check/feedback
on what I've done first.

cheers
Jan

--