[jdt-ui-dev] JDT index-based caching was committed last week

As of last week, the new JDT index is being used as a cache for the majority of .jar file access. If it works correctly, we expect to see a significant reduction in UI freezes starting with this week's 4.7 integration builds.

If you're not doing so already, please install these builds and turn on UI freeze monitoring in your Eclipse preferences. If you see any significant (multi-second) UI freezes, please report them in bugzilla, attach your logs with the freeze reports, and CC me.

Also, if anyone has access to huge workspaces that have been known to cause long freezes, please let me know if you see any improvement in the new builds.

  - Stefan

Back to the top