Re: [jdt-ui-dev] SubMonitor adoption in JDT UI

Such "fairly simple" changes break things in 80% of the cases, because the contributor didn't give enough attention to details.

We don't have the resources or motivation to do the necessary thorough review for such contributions, given that we don't expect functional benefits for users.

Markus

From:        Stefan Xenos <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        2016-11-15 19:42
Subject:        [jdt-ui-dev] SubMonitor adoption in JDT UI
Sent by:        jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

Lars has a number of outstanding reviews in the JDT UI project related to adoption of SubMonitor. They're fairly simple and have been sitting in the review queue for over a year.

It would be helpful if someone could look at these reviews, since further adoption of SubMonitor would let me run the automated analysis tools to look for progress monitoring bugs in JDT UI.

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/57921/
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/57920/
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/57875/

jdt-ui-dev mailing list