From:   Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "Eclipse JDT UI developers list." <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   2016-03-08 18:42
Subject:        [jdt-ui-dev] Compiler check / warning for the usage of new
Integer or new Boolean?
Sent by:        jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

AFAIK using new Integer() is wrong and Integer.valueof(int) should be
prefered.
See
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Integer.html#valueOf%28int%29

Is there a way / trick to tell JDT to warn about new Integer(int) or
new Boolean(value) statements in a code base?

I think I check all entries in Error/Warnings but did not see anything
fitting.

Best regards, Lars

P.S. I tried posting to JDT core but got the message that the email is
unprocessed

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058