Re: [jdt-ui-dev] JDT in the "news" - Is Eclipse JDT dying

> Unfortunately, I don't see how we could add a comment
> or contact that person...

Mike is in contact with the author and the information regarding JDT Core has already been added.Even with that the numbers are indeed lower than usual. There are several reasons for that:

- Summer is usually used to relax and explore new things, also outside JDT
- Mentoring a GSoC project which did not yet get committed (pending Gerrit changes)
- Java 9 work which not always results in commits yet
- Focus on Mars.1 (bug fixing, testing)
- Work in other components (mostly helping out in the Platform)
- The number of active JDT committers went down compared to last year

> PS: Yes, the web pages are a bit embarrassing ...

No excuse here. We stopped updating those in favor of the project management portal (https://projects.eclipse.org/). We should reflect that on our web pages. https://bugs.eclipse.org/478356 tracks that.

Dani