Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Icon association for Java "resource" files (files not on classpath)?

On 12/16/2013 03:01 PM, Daniel Megert wrote:
In most of the places the Java element label provider [1] is used to get the image for an element. That label provider returns the 'jcu_resource_obj.gif' image for files that are not on the Java build path.
Ok, that is a good starting point. I want to overwrite that behavior in order to achieve that a different icon is shown in some cases. Thus, I will probably need some time to find out where to do that, but don't have much time these days. I will send a report when I found the time to look into that.

Thanks,
Simon

Dani

[1] org.eclipse.jdt.ui.JavaElementLabelProvider

From:        Simon Schäfer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        15.12.2013 17:26
Subject:        [jdt-ui-dev] Icon association for Java "resource" files (files not        on classpath)?
Sent by:        jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I hope this list is the right place for kind of questions like the
following:

In the Package Explorer View (and probably some other views) all Java
files that are on the classpath have a different icon than Java files
which aren't (but are located inside of the project).

I found out that the icon for the former is named jcu_obj.gif whereas
the latter is named jcu_resource_obj.gif (both are located in
org.eclipse.jdt.ui/icons/full/obj16).

Nevertheless the resource icon is not bound in the plugins.xml of the
corresponding project and I couldn't find out where the binding takes
action.

Does anyone know how the binding works or could imagine where it could
be done?

Simon