From:        Kaloyan Raev <kaloyan.r@xxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        2013-08-13 14:36
Subject:        [jdt-ui-dev] LTK refactoring change for creating file
Sent by:        jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I found that the LTK refactoring framework is great not only for refactoring source files, but also for higher level tasks like migrating projects. In such scenario especially helpful are the basic resource changes like DeleteResourceChange, MoveResourceChange and RenameResourceChange.

Something that I really miss all the time is a basic resource change for creating/copying a file (like adding image, _javascript_ library, JAR file, etc to the migrated project). I have to create this resource change myself, while it would be really nice if it is provided by LTK out-of-the-box.

If the project committers would accept such new resource change, I'll be happy to open a bug and work on contributing the implementation.

Greetings,
Kaloyan