Re: [jdt-ui-dev] How to add vertical column in custom eclipse editor

Hi Vinod

This list is for those who develop JDT UI. For questions please use the newsgroup (eclipse.tools.jdt). Having said that, the rulerColumns extension point is the right direction. I suggest you take a look at the code in the SDK to see how it is used.

Dani

From: Vinod Kumar Choudhary <vinodkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 28.01.2013 06:27
Subject: [jdt-ui-dev] How to add vertical column in custom eclipse editor

How can I  add vertical column ( side bars) in custom eclipse editor?
I'm looking to build a custom editor with vertical columns so that when I
mouse click on the vertical column I can find the location of the click.
How can I implement this? From the limited documentation available I could
find that I may have to extend the
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.rulerColumns extension point, but I
could not find any sample implementation. And how this extension is
attached to the custom editor?

Please let me know some pointers on this.

Regards,
Vinod