[jdt-ui-dev] How to add vertical column in custom eclipse editor

How can I  add vertical column ( side bars) in custom eclipse editor?
I'm looking to build a custom editor with vertical columns so that when I
mouse click on the vertical column I can find the location of the click.
How can I implement this? From the limited documentation available I could
find that I may have to extend the
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.rulerColumns extension point, but I
could not find any sample implementation. And how this extension is
attached to the custom editor?

Please let me know some pointers on this.

Regards,
Vinod

Back to the top