Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Proposal Relevance System

I haven’t thought about it in detail but:

Where: ASTNode or CompletionOnXYZ Node with some additional location information like "in Local Variable Declaration", in Field Declaration, in if statement etc. (i.e., the CompletionNodeParent in most cases)
When: Other context information that is already available at completion time like other variables, method calls, or annotations available etc.

Does that answer your question? I think to provide more details I’ve to write down a few example scenarios.