From: "Ted Cohen" <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 10.02.2012 08:44
Subject: [jdt-ui-dev] Feature Requests for Java Editor

I am trying to find out where to make feature requests for the JDT-UI editor.
It is not obvious. I read a page that says that there is a bugzilla template
for feature requests but I can't find it.

I don't want to burden developers that are hard at work but if I can't find it,
perhaps others can't either. I/we want to do the right thing; not ask for things
that have already been asked for, wait patiently etc, etc. Just want to know
that our requests have been cataloged and will be responded to appropriately
in due time.

I am also happy to roll up my sleeves and help, be it writing documentation
or writing code.

I am looking for a way to make an "editplus" keyboard binding set for eclipse
so that anyone coming to eclipse from editplus can get right to work and
feel right at home. From what I can tell, such a binding set exists only for
emacs.

I learned how to change bindings, but have not learned how to save the binding set
so that someone else could load it.

Two commands that I need to bind to that do not appear to currently exist in the editor
are:

"select current line"
and
"duplicate current selection"

There are a couple of similar commands such as "cut current line"
which I think I could easily turn into "select current line"

and "duplicate current line" that I could turn into "duplicate current selection".

I assume that as I get further into this I will find additional editor functions
that I find very useful that most other users would like as well.

I am willing to write and test code to do this if one of the current developers would point me
to the location of the source code.

Thanks in advance,
Ted