[jdt-ui-dev] Implement Undo for refactoring rename

Hi,

I have tried the eclipse jdt.ui forum without any success so I turn to this mailing list in hope for assistance.

I am using:

Version: 3.5.1
Build id: M20090917-0800

We are doing a Refactor --> Rename of a java file.

The wizard pops up as it should and we change the name of the file in the input field.
Then we press "Next" and I can see the following text: Creating changes ...

During this process the file is checked-out.

If we get an exception during this process the page with "Undo" and "Abort" will show.

If I click "Undo" the file is not unchecked-out.

With scenario some questions comes to my mind:

Q1: Must the vcs operation, (clearcase plugin) adhere to the IUndoableOperation to be undone when "Undo" is pressed?

Q2: How does "Undo"-button trigger undo operation?

Q3: Why is file checked out before the actual opertion ( a move) performed?

Hoping for an answer of a pointer into the right direction if I am lost :-)

br,

//mike

Back to the top