[jdt-ui-dev] How to call Javadoc view?

Hello everybody,

I wrote a new editor to document my APIs. It also supports Java and Javadoc. I would like to show the Javadoc of the current selected method by my editor in the Javadoc view (like the Project Explorer does with Java-Files). But I didn't get it working yet.

In my editor I implemented the interface ISelectionProvider:

<code>
private Set<ISelectionChangedListener> listeners = new HashSet<ISelectionChangedListener>();

@Override
public void setSelection(ISelection arg0)
{
        // Get the selected method from my editor...
	IJavaElement selection = (IJavaElement) ...;

        if (selection != null)
	{
	  Object[] elements = new Object[1];
	  elements[0] = selection;

	StructuredSelection sel = new StructuredSelection(elements);
	SelectionChangedEvent event = new SelectionChangedEvent(this, sel);

	for (ISelectionChangedListener listener : listeners)
	{
		listener.selectionChanged(event);
	}
}

@Override
public void removeSelectionChangedListener(ISelectionChangedListener arg0)
{
 listeners.remove(arg0);
}

@Override
public ISelection getSelection()
{
  // Get the method from my editor ...
  IJavaElement selection = (IJavaElement)...;

  if (selection != null)
  {
	Object[] elements = new Object[1];
	elements[0] = selection;

	StructuredSelection sel = new StructuredSelection(elements);

	return sel;
  }

  return null;
}

@Override
public void addSelectionChangedListener(ISelectionChangedListener arg0)
{
	listeners.add(arg0);
}
</code>

In the init-method I register my selection provider

<code>
getSite().setSelectionProvider(this);
</code>

But when changing my selected method, the Javadoc View does not react. By using the debugger I could see that the changed selection is set to the listeners. But there is no Javadoc view in there. Is my approach correct? Could anybody give me a hint or an example?

Greetings

Jan Chistian

Back to the top