[jdt-ui-dev] JDT UI Code Style Conventions

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to automatically enforce the JDT UI code style
conventions. That is, I'm looking for a formatter file to import at
Preferences > Java > Code Style > Formatter.

I checked out the org.eclipse.jdt.ui from the CVS repository (version
v20110531-1200 of org.eclipse.jdt.ui from
:pserver:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse). I can find
.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs at
<http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs?view=markup>.
But, I don't find the actual formatter XML file that defines the Java
code style. Therefore, when I apply Source > Format on a Java file of
org.eclipse.jdt.ui, the formatting of the Java file changes. I believe
enforcing the code style will make it easier to apply my patches
against different versions of org.eclipse.jdt.ui. Where can I find the
code style convention file for JDT UI?

Thanks,
Mohsen Vakilian

Back to the top