[jdt-ui-dev] Add, extend visual parts of jdt

Hi

as a part of my master thesis I\'d like to add, change or extend various visual components of the jdt.

For example I have various new metrics which I\'d like to integrate into the current source view of JDT. One idea was to add additional annotations to the OverviewRuler, or to add a separate OverviewRuler containing these annotations. Another idea is to add some of my metrics to the hover part of a class (so extending the current javadoc view)

I have done some research on how I could achieve these extensions the easiest way and as fair as I can tell now that there aren\'t really points where I could plugin my changes into.

As far as I have seen one option would be to get my changes into the model used for the visualizations? How can I do that easily?

So I assume I have to do the changes within the different jdt plugin parts or is it possible to extend the current view with an own plugin? How would I do this, is there any documentation available how the different parts within jdt are connected together?

thanks a lot and cheers

Marcel

Back to the top