[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[jdt-ui-dev] FrameList and CNF
- From: Francis Upton <francisu@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:32:27 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20090105)
In order to add support for Go Into to the CNF, I need access to the
FrameList class (and its associated classes).
This is in o.e.ui.ide, on which the CNF cannot depend.
I see two alternatives:
1) Just copy these classes (the framelist package) into an internal
package in the CNF.
2) Copy these classes into an API package in the CNF and deprecate the
IDE one. I think it's unlikely that anyone is actually using this API
outside of the CNF and Package Explorer (we can ask), so the IDE one can
go away for E4 without much harm. JDT UI can switch over to using the
CNF version (which will be completely identical, and JDT UI already
depends on the CNF)
At the moment (tonight), I'm going to go with option 1. But if people
want option 2, I can easily change it.
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
- Dr Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go
Francis Upton IV
Tel 510 835 3123
Fax 510 779 5226
Cell 510 432 1589