[jdt-ui-dev] New public action package

As you may already have notices there is now a public action package in JDT (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions). The package contains duplicates of the internal actions we decided to make public API. Additionally there are action groups to add a set of actions to the context menu or to retarget actions in the global menu bar. The old internal actions and groups got deprecated a while ago and we would like to remove them for the next integration build. So if you use internal JDT actions please make sure that you switch to using the public actions and action groups.

Refactoring and Search actions are still missing in the public action package. We are working on this. But the corresponding action groups are already there and using them instead of the actions is easier anyway.

Thanks

 Dirk

Back to the top